Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Friday, January 27, 2006

Brennan Manning Artist Retreat


This time last year I had the chance to hang w/ Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz) at in artist retreat in Nashville. It was an amazing time for reflection, questions, answers, authenticity, and inspiration.

This year was amazing as well. Brennan Manning was our guest communicator. What seemed to be a fragile old man took the stage and ignited into a powerful magnet of utter inspiration. I've read a couple of his books, and I still took 5 pages of notes.

I have traveled a lot. I have heard many speakers / communicators / preachers. Some of which I have even heard be critical of Mr. Manning's message and ministry.

Brennan speaks wisdom & experience beyond even his years!!! The small circuit of popular evangelical personalities would find it wise to rid themselves of the endless banter and just speak truth and love.... which is what the younger generations NEED.

Brennan, thank you for your words, wisdom, and message... and for helping me continue to heal my image of God and myself. Godspeed.

8 Comments:

Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

that sounds awesome. Manning has spoken at our church before and was great. It was awhile ago though, when "Abba's Child" came out. I'd love to see him again.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see him! He's my favorite author.
-Amanda C.

8:55 AM  
Blogger supersimbo said...

manning is a great guy, would love to hear him speak, hi sbooks are awesome

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool retreat...

hey chad...found your blog! can't believe it took me this long...i am going to link you to mine!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad i like how you think.

Kurt B.

9:41 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

wow, you had Mr. Manning there? lucky ducks! wish I'd been there. . i would also have taken notes.

8:22 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

your esteemed guest looks a bit like Marty Feldman in that picture!!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in my mid 50's and it wasn't until a friend of mine gave me a book by Brennan Manning that I understood what being a Christian is all about. If you haven't read THE RAGAMUFFIN GOSPEL...you are missing a directory for life. He's the greatest.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home