Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Monday, April 23, 2007

Hillsong United @ The Ryman


Last night I was backstage for the Hillsong United set at the Ryman. Having never seen them do their thing live, I must have been thinking that it was a going to be a nice night of NEW churchy worship. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed their last 2 records, and I am looking forward to their May release, but I wasn't expecting the night to be what it was.

I got a word for you after last night. WOW.

The band was tighter than most other bands that one would see doing a rock tour.... and then there was an engaging of people in worship that I haven't really witnessed for quite sometime. For almost 2 hours the capacity crowd sang, stood, danced, clapped, sat, and bowed in response to the Father.

I met some of the guys, and I must say that these guys seem to be the "real deal". This was one of the most refreshing things that I have been a part of in my 7 years of GMA. Joel, God has given you an amazing thing at this time in history. Run with it.

Smitty invited a friend to join him on stage. Fun times.

Tonight, I will be back at the Ryman for another band.... The Killers. Interesting contrast eh?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds Awesome! Glad you were able to be completely in the moment. Can't wait to hear the creativity it sparked in you. Enjoy the Killers.

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way! The Count Of Monte Cristo was there?!?!

SP

11:34 AM  
Blogger Kevin Bussey said...

I love their music. I'm glad to know they are for real.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home