Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Monday, January 28, 2008

Foo Fighters & Jimmy Eat World In Memphis


Some friends and I took a quick road trip over to Memphis on FRI to see these guys at the FedEx Forum. Wow. Our amazing comp tix were above and on the side of the stage. Sweet.
Jimmy Eat World amazes me. It was one great song after the other. Some of the best songwriters around. Probably one of my top 5 bands right now (have been for a while). I'm extremely grateful I got to see them live. 

When FF hit the stage it was electric from the start. Dave Grohl is a frikin' genius. He owned the place. They opened with over an hour of full on rockyofaceoff stuff... then moved to the over end of the arena where an acoustic stage dropped from the air... they rocked that set for about 45 mins only to return to the other side for some more full on rock. Unreal. You aren't going to find any better rock musicians. 

If you can possibly go to a show on this tour you will NOT regret it. 


3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

foo is one of my favs. heard grohl was wasted down here in so flo and messed up some songs. you gotta love rockers.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the Nashville show. WOW indeed man. It was crazy good.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

dang, they just came through here. next time, I guess.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home