Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Thursday, September 06, 2007

Luciano Pavarotti Passes This Morning




Luciano Pavarotti, opera's biggest superstar of the late 20th century, died Thursday. He was 71.

His performance 5 years ago in Nashville changed me. I can't put it into words. He was larger than life.

In his final statement, Pavarotti said the awards gave him "the opportunity to continue to celebrate the magic of a life dedicated to the arts and it fills me with pride and joy to have been able to promote my magnificent country abroad."

He will be remembered in Italy as "the last great Italian voice able to move the world," said Bruno Cagli, president of the Santa Cecilia National Academy in Rome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truely devastated!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home