Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Thursday, August 11, 2005

We Need To Have WORLD VISION

For several years I have been a bystander to things beyond my little world. About 2 years ago I was on a tour that helped change the way I want to live. The tour was a World Vision tour that hit about 35 markets here in the US. Joy Williams, Anointed, 4-Him, and my band Among Thorns toured the country to raise awareness and to help children from Africa through sponsorships. Many people have uneducated issues with where the money goes with some Non-Profit organizations. 5 % of World Vision's funds to go administration/management purposes. After looking at the facts I felt good about where the money was actually going.

My wife and I have decided to not have 2 mid-scale meals per month (usually around $65-70 per month) in order to sponsor 2 little girls, Oliva, and Ruth. The truth is, I don't miss many meals, and if I do it is because I choose to miss them.

Not everybody has it as good as we do. We have 2 cars (SUV's), a 1200 sq ft home in one of the most affluent counties in the southeastern United States, 2 dogs (they eat well too), a bike, lawnmower, computer, 2 cell phones (no home phone), and an attic full of crap that I might see once a year (Christmas).

My friend and IKON partner SHLOG (Shaun Groves) has a great blog entry from Monday AUG 8th called Enough.

If you want to do something right now, go here!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger supersimbo said...

chad man its just cool that you are aware of these issues cuz many people who have all they need dont know and dont wanna know! we get so caught in the trap of having "stuff"

5:20 AM  
Blogger learningtowrite said...

Great post. Great points. World Vision, here I come.

Seriously.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home