Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Thursday, September 08, 2005

Emergent Leader Dan Kimball

Tonight (well, technically last night now...it being 1am) I hung out with my drummer friend that I have tricked into playing in my "new" band. Joma has been playing drums with me at ikon, and at Fusion during our weekly meetings for the past several months. He is a pimpin' drummer, and all around stellar dude. I love Californians!

Little did I know where Josh "Joma" came from was Dan Kimball's church (Vintage Faith) in Santa Cruz, CA. Dan seems to be a guy with great insight to the heart of God in which I hope to meet one day. I plan to read a couple of Dan's book in the near future that some friends from Youth Specialties gave to me before the summer. Read Dan's blog here.

The Emerging Church: The church of tomorrow? Or the church NOW right under everyone's nose? More to come on this later...YOU CAN BET ON IT (but don't if it's against your religion).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! i hope we get to chat sometime too! i am in nashville this Fall, i forget the dates, but at the youth specialties convention. say hello to josh next time you see him!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Yeah--definitely read Emerging Worship. Stellar book. Let's talk this week!
BST

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home