Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Thursday, October 06, 2005

New Music: Nice Suprises


Fiona Apple
This new record sounds like she spent 5 years with Rufus Wainwright. Extraordinary Machine is an amazing artistic CD. One of the best of it's favor that I have heard in a long time.

David Crowder Band
A few weeks ago I saw a post from Seth Worley that was raving about David Crowder's new CD, and I must confess, I rolled my eyes. I haven't been a fan of DCB over the past couple of CD's. I like David, but as far as the music he and the guys have put out, well...

DCB's new CD however, is a great effort! My favorites are on the back half...where I have heard "it get's a little out there". You get your money's worth on 19 tracks! I'm not so sure that the "Christian Market" is ready for this release though. Maybe in 5 years or so.

I hung out with my friend Jason Morant last week. He is busy working on a new CD as well releasing a new EP called City Of Two Rivers (releasing OCT 25th). Check it out here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew Pearce said...

The "Christian Market" is definitely not ready for the new DCB album, but it's so good! Personally, I like You are my Joy, Come Awake, and Rescue is Coming.

1:30 PM  
Blogger supersimbo said...

wow must check out the fiona apple cd, thansk for the tip

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home