Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Thursday, April 20, 2006

Guilty Before Proven Innocent?


It seems like everyone has already decided that Barry Bonds is guilty of anything that anyone wants to accuse him of. Everywhere I look...Barry...Steroids...Guilty...Perjury...

It is a crappy thing if you ask me. Let the guy play baseball!!!!!!!!! I still LOVE to watch this guy swing the bat. IF he is proven guilty, THEN do and talk...

If you get the chance to watch "Bonds On Bonds" on ESPN Tuesday nights. Pretty cool TV I must say. You get to see a lot more of Barry Bonds than the media would like for you to see.

I guess I am just sick of hearing about how Barry is a sinning scum of a person. But, hey don't listen to me...I like Pete Rose, Kobe Bryant, and the music of Michael Jackson.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched Bonds On Bonds for the first time. Great show!!!!!!!!

Steve

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This might be a strange question, but did you perform with True Vibe at a Washington Redskins game a few years ago?

If so, I was Tina's friend. HI!!!

Stephanie

3:09 PM  
Blogger Chris Freeland said...

Dude... Bonds is guilty, guilty, guilty. I've got his rookie card. There's no way your head goes from a 7 1/2 hat to a 12 3/4 hat just by eating Wheaties for breakfast.

He's threatening one of modern athletics' most sacred records and is posturing himself to be mentioned in the same sentence with the likes of Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron. He's a disgrace to America's game, and it will be a sad day if he catches them.

9:46 AM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Chris- I have the same cards.

I think I was trying to make a point to say that WE make up our minds before we know the facts. Sometimes seeing isn't always believing.

Of couse I see your point. Bond's is a bit of a freak to look at. 2 years ago in Cincinnati I stood 6 feet from him right before I did the anthem. He's pretty huge...even standing next to me. ;)

Thanks man.
Chad

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bud I like Bonds, and he does have a pretty swing. He does seem to be guilty with all the subjective evidence against him. I agree with you though, I love Pete Rose, and I think he should be in the Hall of Fame. Barry shouldn't if he's proven guilty. I miss ya man.
Tanner

9:53 PM  
Blogger Chris Freeland said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Chris Freeland said...

Chad,

Thanks for the response. You're right - we are fairly quick to jump the gun on most things.

What I can't figure out is why people so willing to give this guy a free pass. All signs - from relationships he's had to the way his body has changed - point to the assumption that he's a cheater. To top it off, he's a Grade-A jerk. I guess I don't understand why people are jumping to his defense.

Great blog though. And by the way -your "our God reigns" solo at the end of TPC's service a few weeks ago was one of the greatest moments I've witnessed at TPC. And there have been a lot of great moments.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home