Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Rob Bell's Everything Is Spiritual Tour NASHVILLE

Last night some friends and I (including William) were front row for Rob Bell's unorthodox "Everything Is Spiritual" tour @ Rocketown and a sold out crowd. Rob is a pastor, communicator, and author (Velvet Elvis). I have been with Rob before, but last night was a really cool thing. I didn't know what it was going to be like...

1. No band

2. No smoke or strobes

3. No hype

4. Science class

5. Stand up comedy

6. Bible class (unlike none I've ever had in church)

7. Insight from one of the most effective communicators of our day.

The list could go on, but one important truth that we probably all needed to hear for the first time or be reminded of is that God is everywhere... all the time.....He IS....HE will NOT be confined to the walls of a building OR to a service on Sundays. I won't go into detail more than that...I would be up all night.

"It isn't a question if you are spiritual or not, b/c it's too late. You are. It's about being awakened to the truth". "God is in the business of setting people free" says Rob. I believe him.

I have heard people that have bashed his book, and message. Whatever. I believe in the message he has to bring. It is truth. Some don't like what he sometimes focuses on. Probably because the truth can piss us off. BUT, it will also set us free.

If you have the chance to catch the tour before it ends, do it. Do it.


To see more of Rob, go HERE or HERE.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoyed the night! look forward to unpacking it all with you soon.

peace ~

william

1:07 AM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

For shizzle.

C

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting mate.

My brother read Velvet Elvis and loved it.

It seems that whenever anyone talks about something that jabs the religious, people either cheer or bash.

Cheers to Rob.

SP

10:46 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

i am sorry that i could not have caught bell's san diego apperance, but am encouraged by all the positive things i have been hearing/reading about it. so thanks for the snipit of what it was like. since you enjoy rob, you may also like a guy named Rick McKinley, specifically his book Jesus in the Margins. certainly not as scientific as the tour, but equally important. blessings~

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad,
Would you care to elaborate on what Rob said about "it doesn't matter if you are spiritual or not, because it is to late, you already are." I mean, I think I have an idea of what he is trying to say by that, but for my sanity, I need to know if I am on base with what I think he is saying. And, maybe I'm not the only one who wants to know.
Everyone feel free to chime in as well, if you heard Rob speak on this.
Thanks man

2:44 PM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Gaddis- You are probably on the right thinking process, but the skinny was this...

With creation (if one believes in a Creator or not) things were and are made a certain way....IF you take how God created everything you can see how we are NOT made to be humans that could possibly have A spiritual life, things are one in the same. It's wether you acknowledge it or not. "It's too late" meaning that's the way it aleady is. One can choose to deny it OR embrace it.

I could go on....and on.....and on.....but I won't for now.

Please keep commenting though.

C

4:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I was most definitely planning to go to that but two things happened:

1) It sold out.
2) I got sick.

I still would have gone, shivers, aches and all. But...Rob is one of the people I hope to interview for my project (the same one I interviewed you for.)

Glad you enjoyed the night with the famous William Guice by your side!

Rachel

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No please...go on and on...I would love to hear more that he said. Do you think you could just type up a transcript?? :-) no seriously...type it. do it. :-) much love to you, brother.

8:48 PM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Gaddis- NO!!!

Seriously, I am working on something to post later...it will have more on Rob's content. Check out Williams link (in the entry) to get his take for now.

AND read Velvet Elvis if you have not. Some of the content is in it. Great read.

More to come. Thanks mate.
Chad

11:26 AM  
Blogger nina.coyle said...

Wow. I wish I could've been there-- when William came up to camp and mentioned going to see Bell the previous night, the entire room was suddenly very jealous. Ha. Can't wait to hear more, though. You're phenom.

11:47 AM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Hey Nina- I missed you guys at camp. Sorry.

Rob was amazing. The content of his tour thing is so put together and powerful!

See you soon.
C

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we took our high school ministry to see rob in lawrence (a kansas college town). he held it at a bar. stinkin' the best "sermon" i have ever sat through.

i found you blog via los.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home