Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Friday, April 22, 2005

Larry King Live "What Happens After We Die?"

A few weeks ago I wrote about the visibility of religious and spiritual topics in the media. Last Friday once again I found myself watching TV and "What Happens After We Die?". Live with Larry King had guests from all across the faith spectrum. The President of American Atheists (let's call her PAA) was very engaging. I include this lady as a part of the faith spectrum because I believe that it takes faith to not believe in a higher power.

While the four gentlemen disputed several subjects, the PAA was there to just wait to shine the light right back on the four religious men, saying "look around right now on the show. These 4 men of faith can't even get along. If they all believe in God why can't they get along? Faith is about people in the end, not God. People want something that makes them deny the reality of dying. When you die, that's it." Host Larry King kept making passing comments to the PAA saying "it's just sad", meaning that it was sad that she just believed that we live life and then we die, nothing else. Where I agree that it is sad to have no hope for something after life, this lady better hope that she is right.

I don't really remember anything else that was applicable to the show's title "What Happens After We Die?" Most of the show was about questioning your faith. I have thought for quite a while that if you never question your faith, you can never get fully have faith. It wasn't until I questioned my faith and beliefs that God then met me where I was. A relationship with Jesus started and I began to lessen. I am grateful that I am dying as I live. Does that make sense? The stronger our faith grows, the less room we have for ourselves. Make no mistake, it can and will be painful.

Be alert to some of Larry's shows. He has many religious/ spiritual topics on the show.

2 Comments:

Blogger supersimbo said...

larry i don't watch cuz i dont have satellite............tv here is crap man, but i occassionally check out his stuff on the net

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught part of this show. Sounded like a very interesting discussion. Wish I would have caught all of it.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home