Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Monday, July 11, 2005

The Stars At Night...

As the old songs goes "The Stars At Night Are Big And Bright, Deep In The Heart Of Texas"...FO' Real. Last week I must have been in the same area that inspired that song. I couldn't believe my eyes. We were about 20 miles for the Mexico border in a town with no real red lights. If I had only been listening to the new Coldplay CD I might have lost my mind!!! It felt as though I could have reached out and touched the black twinkling canvas.

In the 105 (F) heat I saw things that could have been mirages, but I wasn't alone. In less than a week's time I saw everything from rattlesnakes, cat size roaches and spiders, to a badger, scorpion, and a tame armadillo. Weird.

After a few days of the "rough" I am always ready to sleep in my bed, drive my car, and see one of my 6 local Starbucks. At this moment I feel more American than I have felt in a while. Not so sure that is a positive thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger supersimbo said...

that is a good thing my friend........its good to know where you are from and to feel it within yourself

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home