Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What's Next?



Over the past 13 years I have made a "living" doing music at some level. I would definitely consider myself blessed on many levels. For over 7 years I didn't know that 11:00 came around twice a day. Breakfast food was a midnight snack.

I came out of college to tour full-time. By full-time, I mean I had 4 weekends off during an entire year. Crazy I know. I didn't know any better at the time. After a few years of that kind of traveling, I started to fry. When I moved to the Nashville area, I wanted to "start over". The old had gone and the new life had come. I began a journey that might have actually began before I knew it did. After about a year or so in Nashvegas, and a bad case of "boy-band", I found myself with a band called Among Thorns. We wrote and recorded music that many young people sing in churches all over the world. During my time with the band, I knew that I needed to be connected to a larger body of people (the church).

Among Thorns stopped touring together last August. All of the guys are contuning with some form a music. Matt Gilder, Brandon Eller, and Gary Ishee are out with Jason Morant, David Childress is touring with Rebecca St. James, and I have been working part time at The People's Church in Franklin.

With the support and encouragement of my mentor, I have been able to lead worship and music at TPC Franklin for 5 years, either with the student ministry or "big" church on Sundays. I have also been helping TPC Spring Hill (the first satellite church of TPC Franklin). Thank you for believing in me when no-one else seemed to my friend.

Many of you that will be reading this know about Randy Elrod moving on to the next phase of his life. That in itself is one of the most inspiring things I have seen in a while. One that would dare leave the familiar and secure to follow dreams.

SHLOG and I were talking about what we want to do when we grow up. He posted about what he's not going to do. I am finding that I am not alone on this journey of "what's next".

I will always write, create, and perform music and art, no matter what I am doing for a "living". I am still actually open to go do some events here and there. I'll be in CA, OH, and TN over the next few months leading worship music, and or speaking.

Maybe California is the place to be....Italy....Cincinnati....Franklin?

I don't know what's next. Anyone got any thoughts? I have some thoughts and plans, but I would love some input just for gits and shiggles.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chad...I am still trying to grow up, myself. So, I can't help you too much. I feel the "whats next" thing, for sure.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to try broadway?

Just a thought.

SP

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move to So Cal. Come to Sandals. Audition for American Idol. Win. Take me on the road.
Los

11:26 AM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Los- Who knows? I am too old for A.I. though. Eventhough I swear the guy that won is 50.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Nate Farro said...

ummm i heard Dejavu was hiring???!!!??!!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM DESPERATE IN FL FOR SOME GOOD MALE VOCALISTS!! U wanna be my "artist in residence"? And then just get into real estate on the side...you'd make bank!
oh, and thanks for the birthday letter man! It meant a lot!
Much love bro!

11:43 AM  
Blogger supersimbo said...

come to ireland and ..............mmmm drink guinness!!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you want to move? Do you want to stay at the church?

No matter what you do, it will be awesome. You are so very talented.

I'm looking forward to the Among Thorns "live" CD. When is it coming out?

Steven

3:48 PM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

Thanks for the feedback!!!

SP- Broadway?

Ally- sounds good mate. Hook it up.

Steven- You are kind. Thank you.

Godspeed.
Chad

10:00 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

cool blog

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat. No idea what I want or where I'm headed. I bet a McCreary's session would help to clear our minds.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH HOW I MISS THE McCreary's!!! Eddie, why did you have to say something like that!?

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I miss the Gaddis! McCreary's reunion, anyone? :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

EDDIE / NATHAN- Are you saying that I should work at McCreary's?

I might play a set there, but work? That might make it on my "things I'm not going to do".

STEVEN- I'm not saying that I WANT to move. Just saying that I might HAVE to if nothing works out around here. I love Franklin.

Thanks for the love everyone.

Chad

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think any of us really ever grow up, we just keep living, keep making mistakes, keep learning. It's a process.

Australia is nice, ever thought of visiting?

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home