Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Monday, May 23, 2005

Culture, Hollywood, & Jessica Alba

I am not sure why everyone cares so much about Hollywood, film/ TV stars, etc. Maybe it is because our culture (if not world) holds celebrity opinion in high regard because they are rich, popular, and on magazine covers.

Not long ago I read this and thought this was interesting about Jessica Alba.

"Are you a born-again Christian?" someone asked Jessica.

"I used to be. When I was a kid, yeah," she said. "One of the reasons why I chose not to be a born-again Christian anymore is because a lot of people gave me a lot of grief for just being a woman and made me feel ashamed for having a body because it 'tempted men.' And I didn't understand what that meant, so it was like God created this and if that's what you guys are saying then I shouldn't be ashamed for being a woman, I should embrace it. That was a hard time in my life. It was really like a painful thing that I was going through."

Copyright 2005 by NBC. All rights reserved.

Complete article here.

Regardless of Jessica's faith status, I would hope that she uses her platform for good. We'll revisit this sometime soon.

Can you believe what Star Wars has done for the box office just this weekend?!?! A record 4 day world-wide total of 303 million. I saw the film on Saturday. It was dark.....AND great! Don't forget that one has to overlook the lack of acting goods in the Lucas epics. Yoda! Kicked ass he did.

Sometime in the future I would like to try to watch all 6 of the Star Wars movies one after the other. Though I am quite sure that would confirm my status as a loser.

1 Comments:

Blogger That Girl said...

hey Chad!
was just bloghopping through and dropped into your world!!
saw you linkidinkd WV and i was like.. WHOA!! lol.. i work there!!
..what music do you play?
*waves*

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home